Subject: Upcoming SLAPP Expert Group Meeting & European Democracy Shield Consultation
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "RICCETTI Deborah" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2025 16:40:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

RECIPIENTS: Focal points on SLAPPs and MS representatives who participated 
in SLAPP meetings until Focal point is established

Dear colleagues,

We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to inform you of two 
updates regarding our ongoing work.

First, we are pleased to announce that the Commission has just launched the 
public consultation on the European Democracy Shield yesterday.

The survey is available here: 
https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/better-regulation/have-your-say/initiatives/14587-European-Democracy-Shield_en

It comprises an open public consultation with dedicated questions and a call 
for evidence. It is available in all EU official languages, for a duration 
of 8 weeks, until 26 May.

Your inputs will be appreciated and we encourage you to spread the word 
about this consultation.

Secondly, please save the date for our next Expert Group meeting together 
with Focal points and MS representatives, which will take place in the 
morning of 30 April. During this meeting, we will be discussing the first 
SWD on the follow-up to the Commission Recommendation (EU) 2022/758 of 27 
April 2022 on protecting journalists and human rights defenders who engage 
in public participation from manifestly unfounded or abusive court 
proceedings (‘Strategic lawsuits against public participation’) and gather 
your input in view of the European Democracy Shield, among other topics. An 
AGM invitation with more details will follow shortly.

Kind regards,

European Commission
DG JUST Anti-SLAPP Team